At Kingsmount Residential Home, we provide Residential Care, although we have a fully qualified Registered Nurse as our care home manager which offers an extra level of expertise you would otherwise not find in a residential home.
Almost all rooms are equipped with top of the range electric beds for comfort and to aid the prevention of sores. This is based on the need of the resident and they may choose a classic divan bed instead. The home has a number of hoists, stand aids and specialist baths to make mobilising and bathing as seamless as possible.
We also have a bright, well-kept garden with sloped access from our “Quiet Lounge”. The Quiet Lounge is a space for residents who would like to leave their rooms but would prefer not to be in the more popular Conservatory lounge. The quiet lounge is situated just off the library which has a number of classic, large print and audio books for residents to enjoy.
We cover lots of different types of residential care at Kingsmount with our specialism being in Dementia care. We are also trained to provide:
- Full assistance to those with physical disabilities
- Catheter care
- Care for those with epilepsy
- Pressure sore improvement and prevention
- End of Life care
- Care for those with sensory deprivation
- Those with swallowing difficulties or requiring assistance during meals
- Continence care
- Further monitoring and referrals for low food/ fluid intake
The fee quoted for your room covers all personal care, meals, laundry, activities, outings, toiletries and medical sundries.
We also offer extra services within the home which can be paid for out of a resident’s “Personal Money”. These include:
- Other services as requested.
- Transport to appointments (if a taxi is required)
- Chaperoning to appointments
More details including costs can be found in the Key Information section on the website.